16-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force announces retirement a year after suffering traumatic brain injury in fiery crash

New Photo - 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force announces retirement a year after suffering traumatic brain injury in fiery crash

16time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force announces retirement a year after suffering traumatic brain injury in fiery crash Nick BrombergNovember 13, 2025 at 11:18 PM 0 John Force has been sidelined from racing ever since he suffered a TBI in a fiery crash in June of 2024. (Photo by Jeff Robinson/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) (Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) John Force is officially retiring. The winningest driver in NHRA Funny Car history announced Thursday that he was stepping away from racing for good.

- - 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force announces retirement a year after suffering traumatic brain injury in fiery crash

Nick BrombergNovember 13, 2025 at 11:18 PM

0

John Force has been sidelined from racing ever since he suffered a TBI in a fiery crash in June of 2024. (Photo by Jeff Robinson/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) (Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

John Force is officially retiring.

The winningest driver in NHRA Funny Car history announced Thursday that he was stepping away from racing for good. The 16-time Funny Car champion has not raced since suffering a traumatic brain injury in a fiery crash in June of 2024.

John Force Announces Retirement pic.twitter.com/4MOzgVdgxC

— John Force Racing (@JFR_Racing) November 13, 2025

"It's been over a year but I've been under doctors' care and I still am so if I say anything wrong, please excuse me," Force said in his retirement announcement. "But it's time for me to retire. It all made sense to me even though I knew I had medical stuff that I had to address, that do I want to get back in the car and get hit in the head? And I don't."

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Sports"

Read More


Source: Sports

Published: November 14, 2025 at 01:27AM on Source: A M A G

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

Post a Comment

0 Comments